Better late then never! Here are the books I've read for May. A nice variety of books and a range of grades:
1. Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh- A+ (top 10)
2. Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher- A- (top 20)
3. The Chocolate Touch by Laura Florand- A- (top 10)
4. In the Darkness by Elizabeth Haynes- B
5. The Letter by Sandra Owens- B
6. Hot Under the Collar by Jackie Barbosa- B
7. Undeclared by Jen Frederick- B
8. Pieces of You by Cassia Leo- B
9. Those Nights in Montreal by Beverly Kendall- B
10. Still Fine at Forty by Dakota Madson- B-
11. Lunch by Karen Moline- C+
12. Love on the Ropes by Pat White- C+
13. Young Annabelle by Sarah Tork- C
14. A Beautiful Struggle by Lillian Anderson- C
15. Held by Kimberly Bettes- C
16. The Right Bride by Jennifer Ryan- DNF
17. The Look of Love by Bella Andre- DNF
My favorite book for May is Nalini Singh's Heart of Obsidian. This book made my heart bleed, but in a good way. The romance between Kaleb (who I still claim as mine) and Sahara is an all consuming, beautiful one. This is a book I want to hold close and never let go. It has a permanent place on my keeper shelf. Click here to read my Heart of Obsidian review and you'll understand why I have so much love for this book and the author.
Andrew Grey who writes gay romance for Dreamspinner Press. When I was at BEA I picked up this book for Mho. An Unsettled Range was release in January 2012.
Synopsis: The last thing Liam Southard expects when he flees his abusive father is to be taken in by a couple of gay ranchers. Soon he has a new job and a new perspective on his sexuality, and his life starts to turn around. Then someone pulls a gun on him.
In Troy Gardener’s defense, the gun thing was a mistake. Between his marriage falling apart and living in his uncle's isolated hunting cabin, he's been a little edgy. He wants to make it up to Liam, and once he discovers how much they have in common, he wants even more. But with Liam's father popping in unexpectedly and a mining company threatening the ranch’s water supply, the only guarantee is that life is never going to be boring.
Aprilynne's books in the past and Earth Bound looks dark and filled with suspense and action.
Synopsis: Tavia Michaels is the sole survivor of the plane crash that killed her parents. When she starts to see strange visions of a boy she’s never spoken with in real life, she begins to suspect that there’s much about her past that she isn’t being told. Tavia will soon discover that she’s an Earthbound—someone with the ability to create matter out of nothing—and that she alone holds the key to stopping the Reduciata, an evil society that manipulates global events for its own shadowy purposes. Tavia will ultimately have to make a choice: to come into her powers and save the world from the evil Reduciata or to choose free will and a love of her own.
I can't believe it's half way through the year already and the amount of books me and Mho had read. Do you have any book recommendations you read last month?